Prerequisites to update Nexus 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo ROM
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure to install TWRP or CWM recovery tool.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 5 to Android 8.0 Oreo ROM
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- In the TWRP/CWM settings menu, clear phone memory: go to Wipe > Full Wipe.
- Return to TWRP settings and tap Install and locate the Android 8.0 Oreo firmware zip file from the phone memory.
- In the menu, confirm the installation process by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Your phone will now install the Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM.
- When you receive the Successful message, you can restart your device.
First boot takes a little, so a little patience would go a long way.